- University of Wisconsin Green Bay – varsity tennis, captain and MVP
- Head Coach – University of Wisconsin Green Bay
- Instructor – Hopman/Bollitierri Tennis Camp, Amherst College, MA
- Assistant Director – Hopman /Bollitierri Tennis Camp, Hotchkiss School, CT
- Head Pro-Queen City Racquet Club, Cincinnati, OH (4 years)
- University of Arizona Women’s Assistant Tennis Coach (6 years)
- Tucson Racquet Club – Head Pro (33 years)
Other: Family includes wife Lacy, children Joe (29) and Kate (25), Gunner the Doberman and Amy the wirehair Dachshund.
- University of California, Davis: Varsity tennis, nationally ranked in doubles all 4 years
- Assistant Pro: Natomas Racquet Club, Sacramento, CA 2003-04
- Head Coach: Pima Community College Women’s Tennis Team since 2006 (ACCAC Coach of the Year, 2009, 2011, 2012; ITA NJCAA Coach of the Year 2013)
- USTA SAZ Executive Board 2008-2010
- USTA SAZ Outstanding Tournament Enrichment Award 2013
- USTA SAZ Outstanding Facility Award 2016
- 2005 Tucson Marathon / 2010 Ragnar Relay / 2015 Tour de Tucson
- Enjoys extreme skiing @ Taos Ski Valley, the best skiing on earth!
Associate Head Tennis Pro for over 35 years.
- Co-Director of the Tucson Racquet Club Summer Camp
- Worked with Fred Stolle and Margaret Court as part of the Racquet Club Ranch.
- Most Famous Lesson: Oscar winner Charlton Heston most famous for playing Moses in “The Ten Commandments” and “Ben Hur”.
Director of Junior Tennis
Tennis Pro at TRC since 2009
Hometown: Menlo Park, CA
Education: University of North Carolina at Greensboro 1994
Brian spent eight yeas at the collegiate level with both men and women at schools like Stanford University where he helped coach the team to the 2004 National Championship. Ramirez also coached Pima Community College for four years. During his career he has also had the pleasure of working with some of the worlds’ best junior players and pro players while at the Palmer Tennis Academy in the late 90s. Palmer Academy was known internationally as one of the worlds’ premiere academies during that time.
Over the years Ramirez has coached and mentored players that have attended schools like Stanford, Cal, UCLA, Duke, Harvard, Princeton, University of Florida, University of Georgia and University of North Carolina among others and has personally coached or done extensive work with players that have achieved the following results:
- 39 NCAA team championships (17 players)
- 14 All Americans
- Four NCAA doubles titles
- Four Junior Grand Slam titles (two Jr. U.S. Open, two Junior Australian Open)
- Two Junior Orange Bowl titles
- Five USTA Junior National Team members
- Players ranked as high as #63 by the ATP Tour and #14 by the WTA Tour
Instructor at TRC since 2007
Hometown: San Angelo, TX
- Nelson has taught at TRC for over 6 years
- Works with all levels of junior and adult from beginner to nationally ranked players
- Also serves as teaching pro for the Tucson Community Tennis Program
- Head Pro at several clubs in Texas including Head Pro at San Angelo’s Brentwood Country Club and Director of Tennis at College Hills Country Club
- Most Famous Lesson: Hailey and Tatum Rochin …ranked number 1 in the Southwest.
- Dances a mean 2 step to any song by Brooks & Dunn
Instructor at TRC since 2011
Hometown: Richmond, Virginia
Education: University of Virginia 1986
- Over 20 years teaching and coaching tennis to all ages and ability levels
- Director of Tennis at La Mariposa Fitness/Sports Club from 2000 – 2011
- Assistant Tennis Pro at Canyon Ranch Spa and Resort from 1994 – 2000; clients
included Julia Roberts and Dustin Hoffman
- Assistant Pro at Westward Look Resort from 1993 – 2000
- Also an avid hiker and mountain biker who will never again live on the East Coast!
Instructor at TRC since 2016
Hometown: Tucson, AZ
Education: University of Miami 2004
Sara Kaufman (Robbins) grew up playing tennis in Tucson and attending junior clinics and lessons at the Tucson Racquet Club herself. She is the only native Tucson tennis player to win a “USTA National Championship”. She later played for Miami University, one of the top NCAA teams in the country. As a junior tennis star, Sara won the Southwest Closed and was the top ranked player in the Southwest! Sara was a Arizona State High School Champion.
After college, Sara was a Tennis Pro at the Chatham Beach and Tennis Club in Cape Cod, and then moved home and began teaching tennis at TRC for 1 year. She enjoyed working at Raytheon for eight years. During this time, she married and had three kids, Lacey, Chase and Charlie, and decided to stay home with her growing family. Currently, she is the USTA Southern Arizona League Coordinator, as well as back on the court playing and teaching again.
- From Tampa, FL Tad has spent the past 14 years living in Tucson with is wife and family
- Head Men’s Tennis Coach at The University of Arizona from 2005-2016.
- PAC 10 Coach of the Year, ITA West Region Coach of the Year, and led the Wildcats to their highest ranking of 17 in the nation.
- Assistant coach at University of Alabama, Texas A&M University, and University of Arizona
- Served as Chairman of the Division 1 NCAA Men’s and Women’s Tennis Championships
- Coach for the USTA Collegiate Summer National Team
- Head Coach at St. Stephen’s Tennis Academy in Austin, TX
- Player Development Coach at Palmer Academy in Tampa, FL.
As a player, his achievements include being ranked 6th in the nation in the Boy’s 18’s, USTA National Amateur Champion, played for the University of Kentucky and University of New Mexico where he was named Western Athletic Conference Player of the Year. Berkowitz also spent time playing on the ATP Tour. Tad has spent the past 14 years living in Tucson with his wife and family.
Tennis Pro at TRC since 2015
Hometown – Barrington, IL
- Education – Currently on Tennis Scholarship at Pima Community College
- Instructor – Rod Schroeder National Tennis Camp/Nike Tennis Camp
- Instructor – Tucson Community Tennis Program
- Instructor – Wheelchair Tennis Players
- Helps Coordinate and Manage Tennis Tournaments
Other than playing tennis I enjoy traveling and seeing the world. My favorite trip was going on a Safari to South Africa in 2016.